Sunday, July 12, 2009

so many avenues it's like being in a 14th century city


Okay, so after this weekend I am PUMPED to get everything online and up for y'all to see. I have been to North Wilkesboro for the NCSBA (North Carolina Beekeepers Association) convention and met some of the most generous and wickedly smart people ever. The convention was held at the Wilkesboro community college and was followed by a banquet at Brushy Mountain Bee Farm. Notice that this bee farm is on a mountain and that my friends is something Eliza here is just NOT used to driving on. I'm from the Coastal PLAINS region and lets just say it's slightly flatter than Brushy Mountain.

To be honest, I'm not real sure that I've ever even ridden a roller coaster that had turns quite like the snakey, bendy road...it was AWESOME!!

I wont say it wasn't a little frightening but after I got the hang of it, I kind of wished there had been more roads like that back home.

Anyway, when I finally got to the banquet it was amazing and I fell in love with the people and their quirks. I documented some of the faces that were there and I feel like their pictures talk for themselves.

Beekeepers are usually very genuine and it shows in their pictures. Now, just because I said genuine it doesn't mean sweet, nice and docile. No, quite the opposite. Many are very quirky and what I mean by genuine is that they don't appologize for who they are, even if they are harsh, obnoxious or geeky; they respect themselves and don't try and manipulate who you think they are, WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

Anyway, visit my Flickr account to see them.

Some things that I learned about at the NCSBA convention, like apitherapy, are posts that will be coming up soon.

There are SO MANY DIFFERENT AVENUES to explore!! Everything just twists and turns together...not unlike the medieval streets of Prague, Barcelona or any other 14th century city.

It gets hard to write because they are all so interesting!! Please be excited and I'll be working hard.

Eliza




No comments:

Post a Comment